Address: Department of Physics and Astronomy, The University
of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, email:
1. A Survey for Small-Amplitude Variability Among Population II Stars, 1976, R.S. McMillan, M. Breger, G.J. Ferland and G. Loumos, PASP, 88, 495-509
2. Photoelectric Measurements of Lunar Occultations, VIII, 1976, J. Africano, D.S. Evans, F.C. Fekel, and G.J. Ferland, AJ 81, 650-658
3. Continuum Variability in
Nova Cygni 1975, 1976, G.J. Ferland, J. Tomkin and J. Woodman, Nature, 264,
5. Spectroscopic Observations of Nova Cygni 1975; Detection of the Diffuse Enhanced Spectrum, 1977, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 212, L21-L24
6. The Interstellar Reddening and Distance of Nova Cygni 1975 (V1500 Cygni), 1977, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 215, 873-876
7. Periodicities and Rapid Line Variability in Nova V1500 Cygni 1975, 1977, P.J. Young, E.L. Robinson, J. Africano, G.J. Ferland, and J. Woodman, PASP, 89, 37-43
8. A Search for Weak Interstellar Lines, 1977, G.J. Ferland, PASP 89, 271-273
9. Ca II Emission Variability in BY Draconis, 1977, B.W. Bopp, and G.J. Ferland, PASP 89, 69-70
10. Nova Shells: Matter-Bound or Radiation-Bound?, 1977, G.J. Ferland, Nature 267, 597-599
11. Variations of the Hb-Emission Line During a Large Flare on UV Ceti, 1977, T.J. Moffett, D.S. Evans, and G.J. Ferland, MNRAS. 178, 149-157
12. The Shell Phase in Nova Cygni (1975), 1977, G.J. Ferland and H.A. Wootten, ApJ 214, L27-L31
13. Spectroscopic Observations of Nova Cygni 1975: The Coronal Line Phase, 1977, G.J. Ferland, D.L. Lambert, and J.H. Woodman, ApJ 213, 132-137
14. The Helium Abundance of Ejecta from V1500 Cygni (Nova Cygni 1975), 1978, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 219, 589-594
15. Fine Structure Lines and the 10 micron Excess of Nova Cygni 1975, 1978, G.J. Ferland and G.A. Shields, ApJ 224, L15-L18
16. Origin of The Coronal Line Emission from Novae, 1978, G.A. Shields and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 225, 950-953
17. Heavy Element Abundances of Nova Cygni 1975, 1978, G.J. Ferland and G.A. Shields, ApJ 226, 172-185
18. Carbon Monoxide Emission and the h Carinae Stage of Nova NQ Vulpeculae, 1979, G.J. Ferland, D.L. Lambert, H. Netzer, D.N.B. Hall, and S.T. Ridgway, ApJ 227, 489-496
19. Application of Line Transfer Calculations to Active Nuclei and Novae, 1979, G.J. Ferland and H. Netzer, ApJ 229, 274-290
20. On the Rapid Emission-Line Variations in IC 4997, 1979, G.J. Ferland, MNRAS 188, 669-673
21. Helium Abundance in Ejecta from CP Lacertae and V446 Herculis, 1979, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 231, 781-788
22. Asymmetries of the Emission
Lines of QSOs, Seyfert Galaxies, and Novae, 1979, G.J. Ferland, H. Netzer and G.
A. Shields, ApJ 232, 382-358
24. Emission Line Variations of Nova V1500 Cygni and the Structure of the Central Object, 1980, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 236, 847-853
25. Far Ultraviolet Dust Opacity and Photoionization in Quasi-Stellar Objects, 1980, P.G. Martin and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 235, L125-L128
26. He I l584 in Quasars and Gaseous Nebulae, 1980, G.J. Ferland, MNRAS 191, 243-251
27. Absorption from Clouds in QSO Emission-Line Regions, 1980, R.F. Carswell and G.J. Ferland, MNRAS 191, 55-60
28. On the Carbon Composition of the Ejecta of DQ Herculis, 1980, G.J. Ferland and J.W. Truran, ApJ 240, 608-611
29. The Distance and Luminosity of Nova DQ Herculis, 1980, G.J. Ferland, Observatory 100, 166-167
30. Evidence for Highly Processed Material Ejected from Abell 30, 1980, C. Hazard, R. Terlevich, D.C. Morton, W.L.W. Sargent, and G.J. Ferland, Nature, 285, 463-464
31. Hydrogenic Emission and Recombination Coefficients for a Wide Range of Temperature and Wavelength, 1980, G.J. Ferland, PASP 92, 596-602
32. An X-Ray Model for the Nebula of Nova DQ Herculis 1934, 1981, G.J. Ferland and J. Truran, ApJ 244, 1022-1032
33. On Nitrogen Abundances of Planetary Nebulae, 1981, B.J.Wilkes, G.J. Ferland, D. Hanes, and J.W. Truran, MNRAS 197, 1-6
34. The C III] l1909 Effective Wavelength-Redshift Relationship in Quasars, 1981, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 249, 17-22
35. Radiatively Accelerated Nova Envelopes, 1981, G.J. Ferland and J.W. Younger, ApJ 251, L17-L20
36. Broad Line Region Clouds and the Absorbing Material in NGC 4151, 1982, G.J. Ferland and R.F. Mushotzky, ApJ 262, 564-577
37. Physical Conditions in the Accretion Disk of V603 Aquilae, 1982, G.J. Ferland, D.L. Lambert, M.L. McCall, G.A. Shields, and M.H. Slovak, ApJ 260, 794-806
38. The Mystery of the Missing Boundary Layer, 1982, G.J. Ferland, S.H. Langer, J. MacDonald, G.H. Pepper, G. Shaviv, and J.W. Truran, ApJ 262, L53-L58
39. Are there any Shock-Heated Galaxies?, 1983, G.J. Ferland and H. Netzer, ApJ 264, 105-113
40. Density Inhomogeneities and the Deduced Chemical Composition of Planetary Nebulae, 1983, J.S. Mihalszki and G.J. Ferland, PASP 95, 284-288
41. The [O II]-[S II] Spectra
of Active Galactic Nuclei, 1983, J.S. Mihalszki and G.J. Ferland, MNRAS 205,
43. IUE Observations of DQ Herculis and its Nebula, and the Nature of the Cold Nova Shells, 1984, G.J. Ferland, R.E. Williams, D.L. Lambert, M.Slovak, J.W.Truran, G.A.Shields, and P.M. Gondhalekar, ApJ 281, 194-204
44. The Line-Continuum Luminosity Ratio in Active Galactic Nuclei, or on the Baldwin Effect, 1984, R.F. Mushotzky and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 278, 558-563
45. Theoretical Hydrogen-Line Ratios for the Narrow-Line Regions of Active Galactic Nuclei, 1984, C.M. Gaskell and G.J. Ferland, PASP 96, 393-397
46. Cosmic Rays and the Emission-Line Regions of Active Galactic Nuclei, 1984, G.J. Ferland and R.F. Mushotzky, ApJ 286, 42-52
47. Radiation Pressure and the Stability of Broad-Line Region Clouds, 1984, G.J. Ferland and M. Elitzur, ApJ 285, L11-L14
48. Some Comments on Models of Photoionized Nebulae, 1984, H. Netzer and G.J. Ferland, PASP 96, 593-597
49. The Hydrogen Line Spectra of Narrow-Line Radio Galaxies, 1985, G.J. Ferland and D.E. Osterbrock, ApJ 289, 105-108
50. Bowen Fluorescence and He II Lines in Active Galaxies and Gaseous Nebulae, 1985, H. Netzer, M. Elitzur, and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 299, 752-762
51. Spectroscopic Observations of Nova Cygni 1975: The Coronal Line Region Revisited, 1986, G.J. Ferland, D.L. Lambert and J.H. Woodman, ApJS 60, 375-392
52. IUE Spectra and a Resulting Model of Seyfert 2 Galaxies, 1986, G.J. Ferland and D.E.Osterbrock, ApJ 300, 658-668
53. Radiation Pressure and Emission-Line Clouds Around Active Galactic Nuclei, M. Elitzur and G.J. Ferland, 1986, ApJ 305, 35-44
54. On Photoproduction of Ultraviolet Emission Lines, 1986, G.J. Ferland, PASP 98, 549-551
55. Collisional Effects in the Helium Triplets and the Primordial Helium Abundance, 1986, G.J. Ferland, ApJ 310, L67-L70
56. An Accretion Event in the Seyfert Galaxy NGC 5548?, 1986, B.M. Peterson and G.J. Ferland, Nature 324, 345-347
57. The Ultraviolet and Optical Emission-Line Spectrum of III Zw 77, 1987, G.J. Ferland and D.E. Osterbrock, ApJ 318, 145-160
58. What Heats the Hot Phase in Active Galaxies?, 1987, W.G. Mathews and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 323, 456-467
59. Photoerosion of Nuclei in Quasar Broad-Line Regions, 1987, by R.N. Boyd and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 318, L21-L24
60. Hydrogen Emissivity in Realistic Nebulae; The Effects of Velocity Fields and Internal Dust, 1988, by S.A. Cota and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 326, 889-898
61. Radiative Equilibrium of High-density Clouds, with Application to Active Galactic Nuclei Continua, 1988, by G.J. Ferland and M.J. Rees, ApJ 332, 141-156
62. Implications of Lyman Continuum Observations of Quasars, 1988, by R.F. Carswell and G.J. Ferland, MNRAS 235, 1121-1128
63. Photoerosion and the Abundances of the Light Elements, 1989, by R.N. Boyd, G.J. Ferland, and D.N. Schramm, ApJ 336, L1-L4
64. The Origin of Coronal Lines in Seyfert Galaxies, 1989, by K.T. Korista and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 343, 678-685
65. Implications of Ca II Emission for Physical Conditions in the Broad-Line Region of Active Galactic Nuclei, 1989, by G.J. Ferland and S.E. Persson, ApJ 347, 656-673
66. Small Dense Broad-Line Regions in Active Nuclei, 1989, by M.J. Rees, H. Netzer, and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 347, 640-655
67. Optically Thin Thermal Emission as the Origin of the Big Bump in AGN Spectra, 1990, by G.J. Ferland, K.T. Korista, and B.M. Peterson, ApJ 363, L21-L25
68. NGC 6302: Ionized by a Very Hot Star, or by a Wind?, 1991, by N.J. Lame and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 367, 208-212
69. Physical Conditions in the Orion Nebula, and an Assessment of its Helium Abundance, 1991, by J.A. Baldwin, G.J. Ferland, P.G. Martin, M. Corbin, S. Cota, B. Peterson, and A. Slettebak, ApJ 374, 580-609
70. PW Vul: A Nova with Nearly Solar Abundances, 1991, by Pedro Saizar, Sumer Starrfield, Gary J. Ferland, R. Mark Wagner, J.W. Truran, S.J. Kenyon, W.M. Sparks, and R.E. Williams, ApJ 367, 310-320
71. The Effect of Telluric Absorption on the Intensity of He I l10830, 1991, by J. Kingdon and G.J. Ferland, PASP. 103, 752-758
72. The [NeIII]-[OII] Spectrum as a Ionization Indicator in Nebulae, 1991, by B. Ali, R.D. Blum, T.E. Bumgardner, S.R. Cranmer, G.J. Ferland, R.I. Haefner, and G.P. Tiede, PASP 103, 1182-1186
73. Anisotropic Line Emission and the Geometry of the Broad-Line Region in Active Galactic Nuclei, 1992, by G.J. Ferland, B.M. Peterson, K. Horne, W. F. Welsh, and S. N. Nahar, 1992, ApJ 387, 95-108
74. A Multiwavelength Study of Nova QU Vul 1984, 1992, by Pedro Saizar, Sumer Starrfield, Gary J. Ferland, R. Mark Wagner, James.W. Truran, Scott.J. Kenyon, Warren.M. Sparks, Robery.E. Williams, and L.L.. Stryker, ApJ 398, 651-664
75. NIII Line Emission in Planetary Nebulae: Continuum Fluorescense, 1992, by G. J. Ferland, ApJ, 389, L63-65
76. The Age and Chemical Evolution of High Redshift QSOs, 1992, by Fred Hamann and Gary J. Ferland, ApJ, 391, L53-57
77. Implications of Lyman- Equivalent Widths in Active Galactic Nuclei, 1993, by Joseph C. Shields and Gary J. Ferland, ApJ, 402, 425-431
78. Continuous Absorption of HeI 10830 in Planetary Nebulae, 1993, by J. Kingdon, and G. J. Ferland, ApJ, 403, 211-215
79. A Masing [Fe XI] Line, 1993, by G. J. Ferland, ApJS, 88, 49-52
80. The Narrow Line Region of High Luminosity AGNs, 1993, by B.J. Wills, D. Wills, H. Netzer, M. Brotherton, M. Han, J. Baldwin, G. Ferland, and I. Browne, ApJ 410, 534-542
81. The Chemical Evolution of QSOs and the Implications for Cosmology and Galaxy Formation, 1993, by Fred Hamann and Gary Ferland, ApJ 418, 11-27
82. The Optical-Ultraviolet g-Ray Spectrum of 3C 279, 1993, by H. Netzer, D. Kazanas, B. Wills, D. WIlls, M. Han, M. Brotherton, J. Baldwin, G. J. Ferland, and I. Browne, ApJ 430, 191-195
83. The Physical Conditions Within Dense Cold Clouds in Cooling Flows, 1994, by G. J. Ferland, A. C. Fabian, and R.M. Johnstone, MNRAS 266, 399-411
84. Hot gas and the origin of the nebular continuum in novae, 1994, by P. Saizar, and G. J. Ferland, ApJ 425, 755-766
85. Nebular Properties and the Ionizing Radiation Field in the Galactic Center, 1994, by J. C. Shields, and G. J. Ferland, ApJ430, 236-261
86. The Origin of NIII l990 and CIII l977 Emission in AGN Narrow Line Region Gas, 1995, by J.W. Ferguson, G.J. Ferland, and A.K. Pradhan, ApJ 438, L55-L58
87. Grains in Ionized Nebulae: Spectral Line Diagnostics, 1995, by J. Kingdon, G. J. Ferland, and W.A. Feibelman, ApJ 439, 793-799
88. Optically Thin Broad-Line Clouds in Active Galactic Nuclei, 1995,by J.C. Shields, G.J. Ferland and B.M. Peterson, ApJ 441, 507-520
89. Collisional Effects in He I: An Observational Analysis, 1995, by J. Kingdon, and G. J. Ferland, ApJ 442, 714-725
90. The HST Sample of Radio-loud Quasars Ultraviolet Spectra of the First 31 Quasars, 1995, by B. J. Wills, K.L. Thompson, M. Han, H. Netzer, D. Wills, J. Baldwin, G. Ferland, I. Browne, and M. Brotherton, ApJ 447, 139-158
91. The HST Sample of Radio-loud Quasars The La/Hb Ratio, 1995, by H. Netzer, M. Brotherton, B. Wills, M. Han, D. Wills, J. Baldwin, G. Ferland, and I. Browne, ApJ 448, 27-40
92. Temperature Fluctuations in Photoionized nebulae, 1995, by J.B. Kingdon and G.J. Ferland, ApJ 450, 691-704
93. Broad Ne VIII l774 Emission from the Quasar PG 1148+549, 1995, by Fred Hamann, Joseph C. Shields, Gary J. Ferland, and Kirk T. Korista, ApJ 454, 688-697
94. Locally Optimally-emitting Clouds and the Origin of Quasar Emission Lines, 1995, by Jack Baldwin, Gary Ferland, Kirk Korista, and Dima Verner, ApJ 455, L119-122
95. The Geometry and Kinematics of the Broad-Line Region in NGC 5548 from HST and IUE Observations, by I. Wanders, M. Goad, K. Korista, B. Peterson, K Horne, G. Ferland, A. Koratkar, R. Pogge, and J. Shields, 1995, ApJ 453, L87-L90
96. The Chemical Enrichment of Gas in BALQSOs: Rapid Star Formation in the Early History of Galaxies, 1996, by Kirk Korista, Fred Hamann, Jason Ferguson, and Gary Ferland, ApJ 461, 641-656
97. Atomic data for astrophysics. I. Radiative recombination rates for H-like, He-like, Li-like, and Na-like ions over a broad range of temperature, by D. A. Verner, and G. Ferland, 1996, ApJS 103, 467-473
98. Very High Density Clumps and Outflowing Winds in QSO Broad-Lined Regions , by J. A. Baldwin, G. J. Ferland, K. T. Korista, R.F. Carswell, F. Hamann, M. M. Phillips, D. Verner, Belinda J. Wilkes, and R. E. Williams, 1996, ApJ 461, 664-682
99. High Metal Enrichments in Luminous Quasars, by Gary J. Ferland, Jack A. Baldwin, Kirk T. Korista, Fred Hamann, R.F. Carswell, Mark Phillips, Belinda Wilkes, and Robert E. Williams, 1996, ApJ 461, 683-697
100. Atomic data for astrophysics. II. New analytic fits for photoionization cross sections of atoms and ions. Verner D. A., Ferland G. J., Korista K. T., and Yakovlev D. G., 1996, ApJ, 465, 487-498
101. Atomic data for resonance permitted lines of atoms and ions from H to Si, and S, Ar, Ca and Fe. Verner D. A., Verner E. M., and Ferland G. J., 1996, Atomic Data Nucl. Data Tables, 64, 1-181
102. Rate Coefficients for Charge Transfer Between Hydrogen and the First 30 Elements. 1996, Kingdon, J.B., and Ferland G. J., ApJS 106, 205- 211
103. Physical Conditions in the Low Ionization Regions of the Orion Nebula, by J. Baldwin, A. Crotts, R. Dufour, G. Ferland, S. Heathcote, J. Hester, K. Korista, P. Martin, C. O'Dell, R. Rubin, A. Tielens, D. Verner, E. Verner, D. Walter, and Z. Wen, 1996, ApJ 468, L115-L118
104. Theoretical He I Line Intensities in Gaseous Nebulae: NGC 1976, NGC 6572, and IC 4997, by J. B. Kingdon and G.J. Ferland, 1996, MNRAS 282, 723-725
105. [Fe IV] in the Orion Nebula, by R.H. Rubin, R.J. Dufour, G.J. Ferland, P.G. Martin, C.R. O'Dell, J.A. Baldwin, J.J. Hester, D.K. Walter, and Z. Wen, 1997, ApJ 474, L131-L134
106. An Atlas of Computed Equivalent Widths of Quasar Broad Emission Lines, by Kirk Korista, Jack Baldwin, Gary Ferland, and Dima Verner, 1997, ApJS 108, 401-415
107. Grains in Gaseous Nebulae II: Heavy Element Depletions by J. B. Kingdon and G.J. Ferland, 1997, ApJ 477, 732-737.
108. Accurate Hydrogen Spectral Simulations with a Compact Model Atom, by J. W. Ferguson and G. J. Ferland, 1997, ApJ 479, 363-370.
109. Charge Transfer between Hydrogen and Highly Ionized Species: Implications for ISO Observations, 1997, by G.J. Ferland, K.T. Korista, D.A. Verner, and A. Dalgarno, 1997, ApJ 481, L115-117
110. Physical Conditions of the Coronal Line Region in Seyfert Galaxies, by Jason W. Ferguson, Kirk. T. Korista, and Gary J. Ferland, 1997, ApJS 110, 287-297.
111. Locally Optimally-emitting Clouds and the Narrow Emission Lines in Seyfert Galaxies, by J.W. Ferguson, K.T. Korista, J.A. Baldwin, and G.J. Ferland, 1997, ApJ 487, 122-141
112. Do the Broad Emission Line Clouds See the Same Continuum that we see? By Kirk Korista, Gary Ferland and Jack Baldwin, 1997, ApJ 487, 555-559
113. The UV-Optical Albedo of Broad Emission Line Clouds in AGN, by Kirk Korista and Gary Ferland, 1998, ApJ 495, 672-679
114. Temperature Variations and the N/O in the Orion Nebula from HST Observations, by R.H. Rubin, P.G. Martin, R. J. Dufour, G.J Ferland, J. A. Baldwin, J.J. Hester, and D.K. Walter, 1998, ApJ 495, 891-904
115. Cloudy 90: Numerical Simulations of Plasmas and their Spectra, G. J. Ferland, K.T. Korista, D.A. Verner, J.W. Ferguson, J.B. Kingdon, & E.M. Verner, 1998, Publ. A.S.P., 110, 761-778
116. Luminosity indicators in dusty photoionized environments, by M. Bottorff, J. LaMothe, E. Momjian, E. Verner, D. Vinkovic', & G Ferland, 1998, Publ. A.S.P. 110, 1040-1045
117. Temperature Fluctuations in Photoionized Nebulae II: The Effect of Inhomogeneous Abundances, J.B. Kingdon & G.J. Ferland, 1998, ApJ 506, 323-328
118. Quasars as Cosmological Probes: The Ionizing Continuum, Gas Metallicity, and the Wl - L Relation, Kirk Korista, Jack Baldwin, & Gary Ferland, 1998, ApJ 507, 24-30
119. Numerical Simulations of FeII emission spectra, by E.M. Verner, D.A. Verner, K.T. Korista, J.W. Ferguson , F. Hamann, & G.J. Ferland, 1999, ApJS 120, 101-112
120. On HeI 2.06 umm emission from Nebulae by G. J. Ferland, 1999, ApJ 512 247-249
121. The PG X-Ray QSO Sample: Links between the Ultraviolet-X-Ray Continuum and Emission Lines, by B.J. Wills, A. Laor, M. Brotherton, D. Wills, B. Wilkes, G. Ferland, & Z Shang, ApJ 515L, 53-56
122. The Effects of Charge Transfer on the Thermal Equilibrium of Photoionized Nebulae, by J. Kingdon and Gary Ferland, ApJ 516, L107-109
123. Emission-line Helium Abundances in Highly Obscured Nebulae by Mary-Helen Armour, D.R. Ballantyne, G.J. Ferland, J. Karr, & P.G. Martin, 1999, PASP 111, 1251-1257
124. Hydrogen emission from Low Column Density Clouds: Case C, by G.J. Ferland, PASP 111, 1524-1528
125. HST/FOS spectroscopy of spatially resolved narrow line regions in the Seyfert 2 galaxies NGC 2110 and NGC 5929, by Pierre Ferruit, Andrew S Wilson, Mark Whittle, Chris Simpson, John Mulchaey, and Gary Ferland, 1999, ApJ 523, 147-162
126. The collision strength of the [Ne V] infrared fine structure lines, by P.A.M. van Hoof, D.A. Beintema, D.A. Verner & G.J. Ferland, A&A in press
127. The Primordial Helium Abundance: Towards Understanding and Removing the Cosmic Scatter in the dY/dZ Relation, by David Ballantyne, Gary Ferland, and Peter Martin, 2000, ApJ in press
128. High Resolution Spectroscopy of Faint Emission Lines in the Orion Nebula, by J.A. Baldwin, E.M. Verner, D.A. Verner, G.J. Ferland, P.G. Martin, K.T. Korista, & R,H, Rubin, 2000, ApJ
129. Properties of Dust Grains in Planetary Nebulae - I. The Ionized Region of NGC 6445, by P.A.M. van Hoof, G.C. Van de Steene, D.A. Beintema, P.G. Martin, S.R. Pottasch, G, J, Ferland, ApJ in press
130. Magnetic confinement, MHD waves, and smooth line profiles in AGN, by M. Bottorff & Gary Ferland, MNRAS in press
131. Physical conditions within dense cold clouds in cooling flows II, by G.J. Ferland, A.C. Fabian, & R.M. Johnstone, 2000, MNRAS submitted
INVITED REVIEWS, BOOK CHAPTERS
132. The Broad Line Region of Active Galactic Nuclei, 13th Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics, 1987, (Ed: M.P. Ulmer); (World Scientific Publ: Singapore).
133. Active Galactic Nuclei: Quasars:, 1987, P.M. Gondhalekar and G.J. Ferland, Exploring the Universe with the IUE Satellite, pp 671-683, (Y. Kondo, Editor in Chief), (Reidel: Dordrecht).
134. The Theory of Emission Line Regions in Active Galactic Nuclei, 1985, G.J. Ferland and G.A. Shields, in Astrophysics of Active Galaxies and Quasi-stellar Objects, (J.S.Miller, Ed.), University Science Books.
135. Quasar Emission Line Regions: the Standard Model, 1987, in "Emission Lines in Active Galactic Nuclei, ed P.M. Gondhalekar (Rutherford Appleton Laboratory: RAL 87-109), p 107-115.
136. On Narrow-Line Region Contribution to Broad Quasar Emission Lines, 1986, G.J. Ferland, in Workshop on Model Nebulae, Publication de l'Observatoire de Paris, 319-325, ed D.Pequignot.
137. The Challenge of Accurate Helium Abundances, 1992, in Elements and the Cosmos, (M. Edmunds and R. Terlevich, editors), (Cambridge University Press: Cambridge), pp 177-187.
138. The BLR Today, 1991, in Newsletter on Analysis of Astronomical Spectra, Collaborative Computational Project No 7, Number 7, p 23-27.
139. Reprocessing and the Nature of the Blue Light in AGN, Heidelberg Conference on Physics of Active Galactic Nuclei.
140. The Nature of the Continuum in AGN, The 2nd Annual October Astrophysics Conference in Maryland (October 1991).
141. High Metallicities in QSOs, by G.J. Ferland and F. Hamann, 1992, Cambridge Meeting on AGNs, CUP in press.
142. The Chemical Evolution of QSO's, by F. Hamann and G.J. Ferland, 1992, Cambridge Meeting on AGNs, CUP in press.
143. Grains and the Origin of NLR Gas, by G.J. Ferland, 1993, in The Nearest Active Galaxies, (J. Beckman, L. Colina, and H. Netzer, Coordinadores) Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas) pp 75-82.
144. Advances in Numerical Simulations of Nebulae, by G.J. Ferland, 1993, pp 123-130, Planetary Nebulae, IAU 155, R Weinberger and A. Acker, eds.
145. Quasars, the Birth of Galaxies, by F. Hamann and G.J. Ferland, 1993, Séptima Reunión Regional Latinoamericana de Astronomía, Rev. Mex. Ast Ap 26, 53-63.
146. The Metallicity-Luminosity Correlation in Quasars, in "Violent Star Formation from 30 Doradus to QSOs", La Palma, Spain.
147. Photoionization Analysis of Emission Lines of Active Galaxies, in Indo-US Workshop on AGN and Quasars.
148. The Lexington Benchmarks for Numerical Simulations of Nebulae, by G. Ferland, L. Binette, M. Contini, J. Harrington, T. Kallman, H. Netzer, D. Pequignot, J. Raymond, R. Rubin, G. Shields, R. Sutherland, and S. Viegas, in The Analysis of Emission Lines, Space Telescope Science institute Symposium Series, R. Williams and M. Livio, editors (Cambridge University Press).
149. Quantitative Spectroscopy Of Starburst And Quasar Emission Line Regions, Ferland, G.J, Ferguson, J., Korista, K., Verner, D., and Verner, E., 1997, Rev Mex AA 6, 180-184
150. Numerical Simulations of Plasmas and their Spectra, by G.J. Ferland, K.T. Korista, and D.A. Verner, 1997, in Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems VI, ASP Converence Series Vol 125, editors Gareth Hunt and H.E. Payne.
151. Systematic effects, unseen phases, and uncounted masses in nova ejecta, by Gary J. Ferland, 1998, pp 165-171, in Wild Stars in the Old West: Proceedings of the 13th North American Workshop on Cataclysmic Variables and Related Objects, S. Howell, E. Kuulkers, and C. Woodward, eds (ASP Conference Series Vol 137
152. Numerical simulations of the emission-line regions of quasars, 1998, 2nd Oak Ridge Symposium on Atomic and Nuclear Astrophsycs, in "stellar evolution, stellar explosions, and galactic chemical evolution, A Mezzacappa, ed (IOP Publishing), pp 223-232
153. Quasars, the early universe, and plasma simulations, by Gary J. Ferland & Dmitri A. Verner, 1998, Atomic Processes in Plasmas, AIP Conference Proceedings 443, pp 163-172
154. Elemental Abundances in QSOs: Star formation and galactic nuclear evolution at high redshifts, by Fred Hamann and Gary J. Ferland, Annual Reviews of Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1999, 37, 487-531
155. The spectrum of a single
photoionized cloud, Gary Ferland, in Quasars and Cosmology, ASP Conf Series 162,
157. HAZY, a Brief Introduction to Cloudy, by G. J. Ferland, University of Kentucky Physics and Astronomy Department Internal Report, 513 pages.
158. Quasars and Cosmology, ASP Conference Series vol 162, 1999, edited by Gary Ferland and Jack Baldwin, 490 pages
159. Photoelectric Differential
Photometry of the Contact Binary AW UMa, 1976, G.J. Ferland and R.S. McMillan,
Inf. Bull. Var. Stars 1176.